- * I
begin with a standing up fun action song. The next songs the children
usually sit for.
words are at the end of the Lesson Plans for your convenience.
The lesson includes 3 fun action songs from Noah's Ark CD.
- An action
rhyme or finger play - often from Noah's Ark CD.
- Simple Bible verse
Activity related to Bible story - it helps them to remember. They use
these to play "church" at home.
- Make story visual and have variety.
- I have found it easier to establish a routine for the lesson time where toys are out of
reach or else to teach in a toy free room.
- We have very young children who stay for the story if they are not
crying too much, as usually they soon get interested in the fun
props and settle.
- Obviously we don't let children become distressed and will call parents
to sit with them if necessary or take them to another area.
- I have a mat or cushions where the children get used to going to
for story time.
- Snap the story along quickly to keep the children focused. Their
concentration is short at this level. (my class is 18 months to 5
- Do the story in a variety of ways: for example use dolls which
acts story, use drama - we all join in - a book, flash cards, magnet board,
story on ice block sticks, attach pictures to pegs on a line. Make a Big
Book. Flip puppet which can flip up or drop characters down. Use the puppets from
- For a change make them stand by sticking
to a little
box or stand in a slit.
- There is no one way fits all! Just use the ideas that work for you and
add your own style and props.